I'll be listing down here the make up that I think are inexpensive yet does the job great.
Though it's still better to invest on high quality make up when you are going to cosplay A LOT.
Make up is an investment like wigs, you buy it for a high price because of it's promised quality, but of course that doesn't work all the time. So you have to research and test what make up works best for you.
But for those without the budget here are some suggested products that I personally tested and used myself.
- Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra-Shine Free Powder Foundation (SPF20++PA)
- I personally use this one up until now, for cosplay or everyday make up.
- Inexpensive at only P295.
- Gives light to medium coverage.
- Controls oil well, but doesn't work well with sweat though.
- Ever Bilena Advance Studio Finish Stick Foundation
- I personally use this up until now, for cosplay make up.
- Inexpensive at only P165.
- Works a bit well on eyebags.
- Can make you oily, so you have to apply powder on top of this to stop oil build up.
- I use this on my lips and eyebrows. This works well as a lip concealer!
- Nichido Beauty Cake
- I personally used this before but didn't bought it again because of break outs (acnes).
- Cheapest foundation you can find! At only P80 for A HUGE PAN!
- Wide variety of shades to chose from.
- Does the job well, just remember to set this down with another layer of foundation (preferably powder type) or with some face powder.
-Ellana Minerals Powder Concealer
- Still using this concealer up until now.
- Slightly expensive. P190 for 2.5g. But trust me this WILL LAST YOU FOR A YEAR.
- Hides eyebags well!
- Does not melt easily.
- Fanny Serrano Concealer Stick
- Used this one before, did a great job with my hideous eyebags.
- Slightly expensive. P350 for 11.5g. That's a lot of concealer. So I think you get what you pay for.
- Hides eyebags well
- Does melt with heat and sweat so be careful!
- E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner
- Used this till recently. One of my all time favorite eyeliners.
- Inexpensive at P130.
- Not exactly waterproof but still lasts a long time on your eyes.
- Great black color.
- Fanny Serrano Long-Last Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
- Still using up until today. Another personal favorite.
- Inexpensive at P195.
- Slightly waterproof but still lasts a long time on your eyes
- Incredibly great black color and pen tip is easy to work with.
Here you go. If you're new to cosplay make up, this article will help you a lot.
The ones I listed there are the top 3 cosplay make up needs.
Other make up like lipstick and eyeshadow, well you can easily find and choose any cheap ones that work for you. Can't suggest much about those since I personally don't use and try many lipstick or eyeshadow products.
Comment below if you have any question in mind!