Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My diet routine/habits~


Heeeey.
I'm back to blogging again.

Well I don't have anything new cosplay related to blog at the moment.

I got a request from my friend that I should write how I keep myself in shape/lose weight.

I'm no expert when it comes to these things, so please forgive me if I said something wrong.


First of all.LOSING WEIGHT RAPIDLY IS BAD FOR YOU.

Not kidding, the best you could go for is losing 1-2 pounds per week ONLY. Losing more than that (when you're not going to gym or doing some fitness training you could probably go for more.) is dangerous.

So don't do extreme diet.


When I mean extreme diet: eating only once a day/eating too little.

YOU HAVE TO EAT THREE TIMES A DAY!


Anyway, here's my diet routine when I want to cut off a few pounds:



EAT LESS RICE; EAT MORE MEAT
That means literally eating less carbs then eating more meat. Since meat contains protein, and protein could help you with weight loss. BUT of course don't start eating too much meat right away! There are a limit on how much you should eat everyday.

When eating chicken/pork, always remember TO TAKE OFF THE SKIN AND FAT. The skin contains A LOT of fats and calories.


DRINK LOTS OF WATER
Water can help you in lots of ways! Drinking water is good for your body and could help you a lot in cutting off weight. Drinking lots of water could make you full right? So that mean you tend to eat less when you drink more. There are a lot more benefits from drinking water.


STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOODS
It's kinda obvious that junk food WILL make you gain weight. You could eat a few bites once in a while, but don't finish one bag in one sitting!

I'll admit, I'm guilty of eating chips once in a while. But I do my best to not eat more than 3 pieces. And I don't eat chips regularly too. Maybe I do eat it once every 2-3 weeks?


STAY AWAY FROM ARTIFICIAL DRINKS
When I mean artificial drinks, I mean those bottled iced tea, softdrinks, bottled juice, powdered juice, powdered chocolate etc. Because those drinks contains high level of SUGAR. Sugar will make you gain weight. Of course you need a LITTLE bit of sugar inside you. But you could already gain those from fruits and veggies.


STAY AWAY FROM DAIRY PRODUCTS (NOT ALL)
Maybe not stay away from ALL DAIRY PRODUCTS. There are some healthy ones that you could go for, like YOGURT (PLAIN ONLY), SOY PRODUCTS and CHEESE. But do be careful with what dairy products you consume. Like flavored yogurt are HIGH in sugar and fat, getting PLAIN YOGURT is better, then you could add any fruit/s of your choice if you can't eat plain ones. JUST USE FRESH FRUITS, not the flavored jams, preserved fruits etc.

I supper recommend SOY MILK! This baby is one of the key points to my successful diet. I drink 1-2 glass per day (but I usually go for one only) and this could make me fell full all day! I tend to eat less the whole day when I drink 1 glass for breakfast.

BE WARNED. Not all soy milks are good for losing weight! You have to check the nutritional label from the following:
CALORIES
SUGAR
FAT

The one I'm drinking (SOY DREAM) has these following nutritional content:




And eating this together with Oatmeal or Cereal (FIBER ENRICHED) could be a great duo!


FIBER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND
Not sure what exactly is the medical explanation for this, but ever since I started to eat fiber rich foods like PINEAPPLE, BANANA, APPLE, CEREAL etc. My metabolism (how my body digests food) and my "toilet habits" became better and I stopped gaining weight and started to lose a few pounds slowly. BUT BE WARNED, don't overeat fiber enriched foods! It will make you constipate!


DON'T EAT SNACKS IN BETWEEN MEALS
Like I said earlier, you have to eat three times a day... ONLY. Strictly three times a day only.

Here's my eating habit:

BREAKFAST:
EAT HEAVY BREAKFAST. Morning is the time of the day where your body needs most energy, so you could eat till your full. Then to your surprise you'll feel full the whole day!

LUNCH:
EAT LESS. Since you already ate a heavy breakfast you'll feel a bit full at this time. So you could eat HALF A CUP OF RICE, 1 SERVING OF MEAT/FISH, 1-2 SERVING/S OF VEGETABLES. You could eat dessert if you like, but it's best if you eat FRESH FRUITS.

DINNER:
EAT REALLY LESS AND EAT ON/BEFORE 6:00PM.  Eating less at this time is critical, and I said eat before 6 because, your body's metabolism slows down once nighttime hits. So your body will store more rather than digest more. This will be hard when you're used to eating 7:00-8:00pm at night, but if you can't do this just remember to not EAT TOO MUCH.



I guess that's all that I could remember. I might be missing a few details from my routine, but most of what I do is already listed down there.

Hope what I wrote helped a lot! :D

2 comments: