Hey~ I'm back once again with a new post.
I'm here to show you how I wash and fix my own heat resistant wigs.
I'll be also showing how I straighten and curl my wigs.
Okay let's start~ :3
YOU'LL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- BOILING HOT WATER
- COLD WATER
- BASIN (PALANGANA)
- WIDE TOOTH COMB
- CONDITIONER / FABRIC CONDITIONER
- HAIR IRON / CLOTHING IRON
- WIDE TOOTH COMB
- FOAM CURLES / PLASTIC CURLERS
- WIDE TOOTH COMB
1. Prepare the boiling hot water. Literally boiling hot. If your faucet has a heater you could use that, just make sure it's hot enough to produce steam.
4. After steaming the wigs, place your wig in a lower place/stand. Start pouring the boiling hot water on top of the wig. Make sure you get every part of the wig covered.
5. IMMEDIATELY pour cold water on the wig once every part of the wig has been covered with hot water. Your wig's strands might stick together if you left the hot water for too long.
6. Hang the wigs once again to dry.
DO NOT COMB JUST YET. Let it dry a bit first!
1. Start to mix up the conditioner / fabric conditioner with water. The ratio would be 70% conditioner : 30% water.
2. Your wig should be at least still 40% wet when you start this process. Apply a half of a palm amount of the detangler into your hands and evenly distribute it into the first lower half of the wig.
3. FOR STRAIGHT WIGS
Using your wide tooth comb, start combing away~ Start at the bottom part, make sure every tangle in the bottom are all gone before making your way up. It'll be easier to comb the top part that way. BE CAREFUL TO NOT COMB TOO HARSHLY. It will damage your wig further. Patience is a vital key here! Slowly but surely :D
Combing this would be a little more tricky and require an awfully lot of patience. Here's what you need to do, take a small portion of the wig and start combing the bottom part of it. Due to the curls, it may seem combing it would be a disaster. No worries, just keep on apply the detangler solution on it and keep on combing from bottom then going up. After giving all the parts a comb, you can now grab the whole wig and start combing again from the bottom going up. REMEMBER some of the curls will disappear so be ready to re-curl this again.
5. Leave them to dry completely.
= STRAIGHTENING PROCESS =
1. Since I don't own a hair iron, I'm using our clothing iron. Yes, you could use those BUT CHECK IF IT HAS DIFFERENT HEAT SETTINGS LIKE THE ONE I'M USING.
If it doesn't show any heat settings, DON'T USE IT.
If it does show heat settings, choose the LOWEST HEAT SETTING.
2. Lay your wig on an ironing board. If you're lazy like me, you could lay a THICK TOWEL on the floor and make sure that towel is flat! If it's not iron the towel for a bit to make it flat.
Comb your wig a little.
3. Take a small portion of the wig and start ironing the area while combing it. So you iron the hair then comb it immediately. Don't leave the iron on the wig! It WILL melt your wig! So be careful.
4. Repeat the process until the desired straightness is acquired. Then yay~ It's all straight again! :D
= CURLING PROCESS =
1. Place your dry wig on a wig stand or any stable place you could think of. Make sure it's secured and will not fall off easily. Ready your materials (curlers and comb).
2. Take a portion of your wig then roll it into the curler. Repeat the process until you covered your whole wig.
3. Let it sit there for Overnight - 24 hours. Then yay~ It's all curled again!
There you go~
Hope this article helps you!
If you have any further questions, leave it in the comment section and I'll answer it ASAP.